BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stitchin 101

After getting my transfer on and then tidying up the house of it's usual chores and weekly debris, I settled in with my sampler from Sublime Stitching.

First, I broke out the scrap threads tin from my mom's house.

Came up with a color scheme.



Aaaaand...started stitching.

Ahhh... I'm already a big fan of this twinkle stitch.



I'm in lurv with the split stitch.  So fancy looking.  So easy!


Satin stitch.  You are gorgeous.  And yet, I think we are not all the way there yet.  I stiched, and pulled it out, and restarted this three times already.  Unfortunately, I think maybe the cloth was too tight in the hoop?  I have a lot of extra thread here.  In fact, I think I could make a pocket out of you.

Hmmmmm.....




I'm not quite as friendly with the daisy stitch, but we are on speaking terms.  I think she'll grow on me.

The fern stitch scares the bee-jeez out of me.  And the chain stitch.   What is with you, anyway, Chain Stitch?  What is your point?  I can make your beautiful little loops with the split stitch.  And we are in love.  In fact, we are going to run away together.

The French knots.  I'm hiding from them....

Hello, my old friend cross stitch.


After a full day's stitchin' for a few hours here and there.

0 comments: