BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Two WIPS down!

Two WIPS down!  Many more to come.

I've got some plans floating around in my brain - too many to mention.  But here are a couple of finished Works In Progress.

The Eyes from Jenny Hart's Sublime Stitching.

This is the very first transfer I ever did after the Samplers.  Isn't she beautiful?!  I love her!  I'm stunned by her beauty every single time.  I knew the moment that I saw the eyes in the Sublime Stitching book that I wanted to do this one.

She was a toughie.  It may have been a mistake to start with such a realistic pattern.  One false stitch and it's clearly not right.  I tore out the stitches in her eyes more than a few times.  I finally just had to forge ahead because I was liable to end up with just one a couple of large holes where the eyes should have been.

I started with the lips, then eyebrows.  The eyebrows are a mix of two different shades of brown.  I tried a seed stitch in the brow, but it looked ridiculous, so I ripped that out too.  I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever finish anything. 

Next, I began the black satin stitch of the eye.  I set it aside when I didn't have the white floss to continue.


I'm so glad that I did.  See how much that little bit adds?  While at the craft store for white floss, I picked up flesh tone for the eyelids and more greens. Next was the green of the eye, the iris. I used four different shades of green to make up the satin stitch and it turned out much better than I expected.  I finished it up with a few scalloped chain-like stitches for the eye lashes. and a split stitching of black eyeliner.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

The Fan Dancer from Jenny Hart's Emroidered Effects.

I like her very much, too.  In fact, I may like her slightly better than the eyes in person.  She fun and kitchy and I'm quite pleased with how she turned out.

The feathers stitched up in a breeze.  I redid her hair several times.  I need just the right mix of black, purple and dark brown to satisfy my creative yearnings.  I used a stem stitch for her hair.  It was tricky to get used to, and I ended up back peddling quite frequently.

I was scared stiff to do her face.  One misplaced stitch, and it wasn't so attractive.  I redid this over and over, as well.  The transfer was very light in some places - especially her eyes and lips.  Very important to getting her expression across!  It turned out, though.  I really love the way her lips appear pouty and botox-infused up close.

I'm quite thrilled with the sequins and french knots at the eye of the feather that mimics a peacock feather quite nicely in person.  I used on strand each of the electric blue, turquoise, purple, and fuchsia in the feather with a iridescent sequins to back it.

Hello Darling wits done with a back stitch in a pinkish-red that compliments the raspberry walls of our kitchen.  It's a bit rough, but looks, well - darling from a distance.

0 comments: