BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crayon Tinting

I read a great tutorial about crayon tinting at Urban Threads.  I decided to try it out for The Fairy, my current work in progress.  I believe she is in the Craft Pad by Jenny Hart.

It's easy.  Go on!  Try it out for yourself.  All you need is your fabric with a pattern, crayons, a couple sheets of paper, and an iron.


The stitching is in progress at the moment.  I've found that I like more contrast in the colors of the tinting and stitching.  So for instance, the dark green shoes are lined with dark purple, instead of forest green.  It just gives it that something extra special.

In the mean time, I've got a couple of birthdays, a visit from my baby niece, and Easter coming up around the corner.  I've got lots of things cooking, so check back.

0 comments: